2009/05/04

Life, the Universe, and Internet

Ends and Odds

I know a couple of you will catch the reference to Life, the Universe, and Everything, and I thank them for being in my life. I think of Douglas Adams, its author, and his magically comic way of seeing the world. (Freudian?--word) The world needs another Adams; if you know of one, please let me know.

“The unexamined life," Aristotle (?) said, "is not worth living.” The Transparent Self, a book vaguely recalled from my well-spent youth (it was the 60s) described the process. “To regularly lie requires a great memory,” said someone whose name I don’t recall.

“What would such a life look like,” I wondered. And so I have (pretty much) lived, and more than one friend has commented on the unsual nature of that fact. Whether or not it reaps rewards is TBR, tho I can safely say that I’m pretty much okay with my outcome so far. Yes, I live with some aspects I’d not have chosen, tho I’m sure that Michael S would say, “You do what you did, and you get what you got.” Whatever.

Enter the Internet stage right, (snagglepus exeunt stage left) and each of us thru blogging, social games & structures, sharing sites lives a Transparent Life.

Or is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment